Terms & Conditions
Birchwood Trading is a trading name of Marketing Results Ltd. Marketing Results Ltd is registered in England and Wales under Company number 3964900 and our registered office is: Marketing Results Ltd, 3 Ravenhurst Court, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6PN. Our VAT registration number is 534 9043 46
Our main office contact number is 01925 826314 and our contact email address is email@example.com.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all use of www.birchwoodtrading.co.uk and all transactions for the sale of goods on www.birchwoodtrading.co.uk. Please read them carefully. They do not affect your statutory rights.
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted on our website.
In these terms and conditions:
"MRC" means, Marketing Results Ltd trading as Birchwood Trading and any other connected organisation that supplies the goods ordered by you and any successor to its business;
"We, Us and Our" means Marketing Results Ltd trading as Birchwood Trading either alone or together with you, as the context requires;
"Working day" means every day of the year except weekends, and English statutory and public holidays;
“Days” means “working days” unless otherwise stated;
"You and the Customer" means the person ordering goods subject to these terms and conditions;
“In writing” includes email to our email address specified above;
Before placing an order you must set up an account. No orders will be accepted without a registered user account.
You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you submit your order by clicking the "place order" button on the check out page.
For all technical information relating to the products being sold please refer to our technical information page on our website and PDF fixing guidelines for individual products where available.
If further product information is required during your order placement please contact us on our main office number or via our email.
- All orders made by you through our website are subject to acceptance by us. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason and will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those circumstances.
- After submitting an order to us we will send you an order acknowledgement email with your order number and details of the goods that you have ordered. Please note this email is an acknowledgement and is not an acceptance of your order.
- The ‘date of order’ is the date you submit your order to us via the online ordering process; this ‘date’ is subject to clause 1.5 and will be in accordance with our working hours as stated on the ‘Customer Information’ page on our website. If your order is placed outside the specified ‘working hours’ the ‘date of order’ will be the next working day that our offices are open.
- For certain goods, information concerning stock availability is not available on our website. If you order goods which are not available from stock, we will contact you by e-mail and/or by telephone to discuss how you wish to proceed. You will have the option to wait until the goods are available from stock, accept a substitute product or cancel your order in accordance with our returns policy.
- If additional information/dimensions to those supplied with your order are required to enable us to manufacture and/or arrange delivery then the ‘date of the order’ is taken as the date that all such information has been provided.
- Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order (in accordance with our returns and cancellations policy), we accept your order 7 working days after the ‘date of order’ or when the goods are delivered, whichever is earlier.
- All prices on our website exclude VAT and delivery charges unless otherwise stated.
- For some areas of the country you will be required to pay extra for delivery and delivery to some locations may not be possible. All delivery charges will be calculated at order placement stage and will be based on geographic location and weight. See clause 5 for full details of all delivery terms.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on our website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mispriced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, contact you and ask you whether you wish to continue with the order at the correct price or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- Prices that are reduced for sales and promotions are only valid for the specified period.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods on our website at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order.
- Payment can be made via Paypal secure online payment terminals, or by most major credit/debit card via our secure payment gateway.
- PayPal payments will require you to have a PayPal account to place an order through our website.
- Payment on collection cannot be accepted.
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment we will not accept your order and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery and we are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal.
- We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order.
- Ownership of the goods shall remain with Marketing Results Limited (MRC) and shall not pass to the Customer until the agreed price for them, together with all other sums due from the Customer to Marketing Results Limited, have been paid in full.
Illustrations, technical information and dimensions
- All information and illustrations contained on our website, within our brochures and literature are approximate only, intended only to indicate the general character of the goods.
- All colour images illustrated are for guidance only.
- Our standard white aluminium material is supplied in RAL 9910 Semi Gloss. All other RAL colours stated for aluminium sections are supplied as standard in MATT finish.
- In some instances we may be able to provide product samples. If you would like to see if we have any samples available before you buy please contact us via the ‘contact’ section on our website. Some samples may be chargeable.
- The dimensions of goods are subject to manufacturing tolerances customary within the trade.
- Technical details, where available, are in PDF format on the website and for canopies we will supply full fixing guidelines with delivery. It is the customer’s responsibility to review all the technical information provided and satisfy yourself that the product you are purchasing is suitable for your requirements.
- Where we agree to provide a specifically designed plan, it is your responsibility to check the accuracy and suitability of the plan, including all proposed dimensions. Any plans provided by us remain our property and may not be reproduced in whole or in part without our previous written consent.
- Delivery will be made to the address specified within your order. It should be noted that delivery to a specific delivery address does not necessarily mean delivery to a specific person.
- Delivery charges are based on geographic location and weight. Specific costs are as set out on the website.
- Delivery outside the UK is not currently available.
- If the incorrect delivery area is selected for your actual delivery address then we reserve the right to amend any delivery charge to correspond with the correct price for your delivery area.
- Delivery will always be made to outside the delivery address. Any request for materials to be placed inside or carried through the delivery address will be at the customer’s risk. We will not be liable for any damage to the property interior.
- On delivery goods must be checked for damage before they are signed for. All goods sent by us are insured against damage until they are signed for. Signing unchecked does not cover the delivery against damage. See clause 8 for full details regarding ‘acceptance and faulty goods’.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and unless specifically advised in writing will be within 30 working days of our acceptance of your order.
- We will contact you via telephone and/or email 2 working days before delivery to confirm delivery and confirm when the order will leave us.
- Standard delivery times are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm. Deliveries outside of these times may incur an additional charge. Exact delivery times cannot be confirmed.
- You must be at the delivery address to accept the delivery on the pre-arranged date. If you are not available to accept the delivery you will be liable for any re delivery costs incurred.
- Delivery to a neighbouring property is not permitted.
- We will do all that we reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, beyond our reasonable control, we will contact you and agree an alternative date.
- We are unable to pinpoint delivery times due to multiple deliveries across the UK on any one day. Therefore, no builders or tradesman should be booked to carry out works until materials are on site and have all been checked and verified as correct. As per clause 10.2 we will not be liable for any costs incurred.
- If the ‘customer collection’ was selected at point of sale then customers will be advised verbally and/or in writing (via email, fax or letter to the addresses given at order point) when ordered materials will be ready for collection. Customers will be requested to contact us to arrange collection in line with clause 6.2.
- Goods can be collected from our registered address by prior arrangement (by phone on our main office number or by email to our email address). A minimum of 2 working days notice is required and is subject to confirmation that the goods will be ready (clause 6.1).
- Opening hours for collections are Monday to Thursday 9am to 4pm and Friday 9am to 3.30pm.
- If you arrive to collect materials and have not been advised by us that materials are ready as per clause 6.1 or you have not confirmed a collection date in line with clause 6.2 then we may not be able to provide the ordered goods and we are not liable for any costs incurred by you for the failed collection.
- Goods that have not been collected within 30 working days of you being advised that the materials are ready (under clause 6.1), will be returned to our stock and no refund of payment will be made.
Packaging and Storage
- We will send materials packaged to avoid damage. Upon delivery outer packaging should be removed (except the protective polycarbonate film as per clause 7.2) and products stored in a suitable location (see clause 7.3).
- The majority of polycarbonate that we sell is protected on both sides with a protective masking film. This film should be removed upon installation. The film can be removed by peeling and should never be removed using a knife or other sharp implement.
- Plastic products should not be stored in direct sunlight either within outer packaging or with the protective film still on.
Acceptance and Faulty Goods
- You must inspect the goods immediately upon delivery and prior to signing for them. Once signed as received in good condition claims for damaged goods are not covered.
- Materials cannot be signed for as ‘unchecked’.
- If materials are damaged on arrival then these should be signed for as ‘damaged’.
- In the event of any damages or faults and subject to clauses 8.1 and 8.3 you must also notify us by phone (to our main office number) or email (to our email address) within 2 working days quoting date of order and order number plus details of the damages/faults identified.
- If faults/damages are not notified in line with clauses 8.3 and 8.4 then you will have deemed to have accepted the materials and will not be eligible for a refund nor replacement materials.
- Subject to clause 8.3 and 8.4 we will arrange collection of the faulty/damaged goods for inspection.
Returns Policy - Unwanted Goods and Cancellations
- Orders may be cancelled within 14 working days without giving any reason.
- Cancellations must be done by phone (to our main office number) and in writing (to our email address, fax number or registered address) and must clearly state the order number.
- Goods must be returned in an unused/unopened/re-saleable condition.
- You are responsible for the costs and arrangements for all returns.
- We cannot accept liability for your returned packages during transit.
- Orders which are cut or made to measure to your requirements will not be exchanged or refunded.
- We will carry out an inspection of all returned materials to check for signs of use (scratches etc) that would prevent us from reselling the materials as new. If the goods are in a re-saleable condition, a refund will be issued.
- If you return a part of an order, we will recalculate any applicable delivery charge for the remaining part of the order and also deduct this from the refund.
Privacy and Data Protection
- To the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury arising as a consequence of any advice provided.
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including builder’s costs, loss of profits, business or goodwill) arising out of any problem with the ordered materials.
- No builders or tradesman should be booked to carry out works until materials are on site and have all been checked and verified as correct. As per clause 10.2 we will not be liable for any costs incurred.
- We will have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question subject to clauses 8 and 9 of these terms.
- We give no warranty that any goods supplied are suitable for any purpose for which you may wish to use them and you shall establish the suitability of the goods for your purpose.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer neither under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Events beyond our control
- We shall not be liable to you where performance of any of our obligations to you is prevented, frustrated or impeded by reason of acts of God, war and other hostilities, civil commotion, accident, strikes, lock outs, trade disputes, acts or restraints of Government, imposition or restrictions of imports or exports or any other cause not within our reasonable control.
- These terms and conditions and any contract between us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes between us.
- Contracts are made and accepted subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale. Contracts that are made in Scotland shall be governed by Scottish Law otherwise this contract shall be governed by English Law and no other.